1. I am taking an additional 4 week leave of absence! With 2 babies, lack of sleep, one baby who is using an NG tube to eat still, a husband who will be traveling to China for a week next month it was just adding up to be too much for me to process and go back to work! So with the approval of my boss I will have another month off and not got back to work until the week of October 24th.
2. We spoke with a speech therapist I work with last Thursday and came up with a new plan for our little Miss V for bottle feeding and so far so good...it's been working! We had to take a few steps back in order to take steps forward but she is taking the bottle again and enjoying it! We still could have a few bumps in the road and we are taking it very slow but Matt and I are more then please with how she's doing in less then a week! Praise God! She's taking 4 or 5 of her 7 bottles a day. I am still tube feeding her 2 times at night (partially because she's sleeping through them and I'm going to work this NG tube in my favor to get her to sleep through the night! We just need her to increase her volume in the day and we'll eliminate all night time feedings!) Slow and steady wins the race. She's sleeping from about 8 or 9 pm until about 5 or 6 am with a brief diaper change and back to sleep until around 8 am! She's my good little sleeper! She's still sleeping with Matt and I in our bedroom because of her reflux and tube feedings.
3. My big boy FINALLY SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! He too goes to bed around 8 or 9 pm and last night for the first time EVER slept until 5:45! That's not exactly "through the night" you say...well, it counts in my book! Plus, he went right back down after a quick 4 ounces until about 8:15....success! He may not do it again tonight or tomorrow night or even this week but I know he can and will do it again! And for the past 10 days he has been sleeping in his crib full time! Prior to this the most he's ever gone is 5ish hours and sometimes that takes a little work (replacing a paci, patting his tummy). We've been working a pretty rigorous night time routine with both babies for the past 10 days and it's paying off!
4. We made it to church for the first time without distracting too many people.
5. Both babies are very happy, smiley, and coo often...which is more then fun!
Vivian ready for game time!
Ready for bath time! (Oliver has a little umbilical hernia)
Vivian passed out during play time.
My happy boy!