Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Life is full of excitement...even though I'd much rather be boring when it comes to this pregnancy!

So, I wanted to make a quick update even though I don't have any pictures to post. Matt will take one of me later tonight when he gets home from work and I'll try to post then too.

Easter Sunday I had to work and to make a long story short I was noticing that I was having a few "contractions". I had a few the day before while working, maybe 5 - 7 throughout the entire day. However, by Sunday afternoon I was having more like 4 - 6 in an hour over about 3 hours. I know this could be completely normal but still because I am crazy it worried me. I mentioned this to my friends at work and they too seemed a little worried (probably just due to the fact we are all a little crazy because we work in a NICU) and they thought it would ease my mind to walk over to Labor and Delivery and be checked out. So after being on the monitor for about and hour and we could visibly see (and I could feel) I was indeed contracting, they sent me home and told me to rest and hydrate! So that I did and today I went for an ultrasound to measure the length of my cervix, which thank God, is still long and closed! I've still been having 1 - 2 contractions every hour, sometimes less. This could just be due to my growing uterus which is a normal response as it stretches. My doctor has recommend I start working 8 hour shifts for the time being so I will happily abide and start that tomorrow. I'm not sure if this a permanent change in my work schedule or just a temporary change? I hope to hear from my doctor tomorrow and then I see her again in about 2 weeks for my scheduled appointment and ultrasound. I'll do whatever it takes to keep these babies in for as long as possible. If that means rolling around in my bed until I have bed sores, sign me up! But, on the positive side, I'm still physically feeling great and with these past few days off my ankles are looking fabulous!

In week 22 the babies are now about the length of a spaghetti squash, around 11 inches, weighing about a pound each (which my big boy probably weighs more seeing as though he weighed that about 2 weeks ago!). Their lips, eyebrows and eyelids are becoming more distinct. They even have tiny tooth buds developing beneath their gums.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I will happily come clean house, paint, hang curtains, cook for you, bring you books to read, walk the doggies,--- whatever I can to help you get to full term with the little ones! You just say the word! (Yes, I will happily come do all of the same for you, too, Amy, for a fun time with you and Josephine!) Love, MOM