Thursday, April 25, 2013

9 months later with Baby Violet

My baby is getting so big.

-At her 9 month appointment Violet weighed 19 pounds 10 ounces, 74th percentile
-29.5 inches long, 97th percentile
-wearing size 4 diapers
-wearing both size 6-9 months and 9-12 month clothes
-sleeps 11-12 hours at night
-takes about a one hour nap in the morning and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon
-takes 4 bottles a day, averaging about 24 ounces
-loves baby food and starting to enjoy table food more (likes green beans, bananas, peas, cheerios, puffs, MumMums, white cheddar Cheetos -speech therapist recommended, blueberries, peas)
-loves drinking water from her sippy cup
-after army crawling for the past 4 weeks, she now crawls on her hands and knees and she is fast!
-takes a MAM pacifier but really only at nap time and bedtime.  She really doesn't care about it any other time
-loves her green lovie (also known as a dirty old burp rag...just like her brother and sister)


When I only find time to update once per month, I feel like I have a lot to share.  The biggest change for our family will be coming at the end of the summer.  Come August, I will be decreasing my hours at work.  I will be changing my status from part-time to hourly.  Right now I work 2 nights per week (8 times per month) and in August I will only be required to work one 12 hour shift per month.  However, I hope to work more like 3 times per month.  This was a tough decision because I truly love what I do.  We are no longer going to utilize daycare but the big kids will be going to preschool two mornings per week.  I truly hope and believe this is the best decision for our family.  

Take a look at our life over the past month....

Finding Easter eggs!


They both got really into hunting for eggs!


Easter morning surprises!


Easter goodies!


Bubble fun with Daddy!


Daddy's baby girl.


Violet's Easter goodies!


First time to sit in the grass on a very windy day...check out that hair!  She was happy but didn't really want her bare feet to touch the ground.  


She's literally everywhere.  


Best buds having a snack in Mommy and Daddy's bed.  


Came to pick them up from school and this is what I found!


Pizza party with our friends "EmmeClaire" Better known as Emme and Claire.  


Reading after bedtime can really wear a boy out! Found him sleeping like this a couple hours after we put him to bed.  


My poor Vivi was diagnosed with pneumonia this week.  It hit her hard and fast.  But after a torturous chest x-ray and a day of every 4-hour nebulizer treatments she bounced back fast!  (in this picture I had been up for over 36 hours because I had worked the night before she came down with her increased work of breathing and continuous cough)


Mom in the picture...I'm snuggling my big babies before I go to work. 


This happy baby is ready to get up!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

A busy month indeed! Great pics, great kids! Love!

Sherry Davis said...

I love reading and seeing your blog! It helps me be aware from a distance and it reminds me how very much I love you and your family. How beautiful and blessed you all are and it shows in your pictures. Congratulations on your new work decision. I am sure you have made a good choice for you and family. The only loss is the patients who will not having your caring touch. We send our love to you, Matt and kiddies.