Monday, March 26, 2012

Who's body is this?

So it's been a while since I've given all my blogging friends a peak into my ever growing girth.  And taking a look back down memory lane I am nearly the same size at 23 weeks with one baby as I was with 2.  Oh well, what goes on will come off.  As I've mentioned before, I don't pass up a cookie and it's best if I just don't buy them because then I won't eat them.  And I won't even begin to tell you about the obsession I had with Shamrock Shakes at McDonald's.  Thanks to my wonderful husband for a few late night runs.  Tomorrow I turn 24 weeks and I now have a viable baby growing inside me (excuse the NICU nurse coming out).  I am no where near ready to meet this little lady but yet so excited to see what she looks like.  Will she look like her big sister who was a scrawny 3 pound 9 oz little bit or her fuller cheeked brother who weighed 5 pounds 13 oz?  I had a very vivid dream a few nights ago that I made it to 38+1 with this baby and I was very excited!  I hope it's a good omen and I'm using the power of positive thinking to carry this baby to term!  I still feel good, I don't jump up off the floor quite as fast as I did 6 months ago or sleep quite the same but I'm holding on strong.  I started having ankle swelling at 15 weeks with O & V, yet with this pregnancy I am happy to report no swelling to date so far!  I think by 24 weeks I couldn't even wear from my wedding rings, but that too is no problem!  With O & V I started contracting at 22 weeks and cut back to working 8 hour shifts.  While I have had a few contractions here and there (like 6 or 7 total) I am still working my 12 hour night shifts and holding on strong.  I knew with one baby some things would definitely be easier, however chasing 2 toddlers presents a different twist.  I enjoy being pregnant and knowing that this is the last time I ever will get to enjoy such a miracle growing inside me I am just enjoying every roll, punch, kick, twitch this little lady has to offer.   




3/25/2012 Baby Hursh #3

Pregnant with O & V 4/13/2010

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering when you were going to post pictures. And, A GIRL! I didn't know that either!

You look great, as always! Hope you aren't too uncomfortable.

Joyce said...

Getting excited to meet the cute little girl now disguised as a small soccer ball! Congratulations on 24weeks--going for 39 is a fabulous goal! Love the pics!

Lesley Everett said...

You look amazing!!

Emily said...

You look totally gorgeous. I certainly did not look as good as you! I am sending good thoughts your way and am certain that your little lady will stay put.